Product Manager – Engine Powered Tools
We are seeking a Product Manager – Engine Powered Tools for our Residential Group. This position is responsible for ensuring that current and future products align with the needs of the marketplace; supports the company's strategic objectives, delivers competitive differentiation and maximizes the long-term revenue and growth plans of the company. The Product Manager develops strategies for a specific product category to ensure penetration and market share growth and conducts specific market research to understand trends and dynamics in order to uncover new product or sales opportunities.
- Develops product category strategy with input from Residential Group EVP & steering committee. Product category strategy includes specific, measureable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth.
- Prioritizes creation of strategies against business needs and market demand.
- Working with marketing team, gathers and maintains category foundational research. This includes industry- and consumer-focused research (e.g. industry outlet share, market share, retail sales by price tier, competitive product profiles, consumer “pain points” and usage/attitude research). Synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development.
- Drives innovation-based three year product roadmap in collaboration with residential Marketing. Innovation examples include: concepting ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, creating roadmap of new projects, facelifts to existing products, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, cost reduction projects, etc.)
- Interface with Engineering to understand critical I.P. (Intellectual Property) landscape such as new technologies, intellectual property updates.
- Understand product quality metrics and communicate any quality issues to sales leadership.
- Interface with Engineering to understand regulatory standards, legislation and update current product category strategy as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in product management.
Additional Skills Required
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences.
- Ability to act proactively and identify innovative solutions.
- Solid understanding of the competition and competitive landscape.
“We really challenge our teams to take their ideas and push them as far as they can, to take some risk.” Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO
Generac was voted by our own employees to be one of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's 2012 Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin. Generac was also the winner of the 2011 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award. Generac is a place where innovation and industry leading technology is created; the company holds about 90 U.S. and international patents and applications.
The power behind Generac's continued success comes from a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. Generac recognizes our employees are the heart of the company and values the contributions they make. We strive to hire employees who share our goal of putting our customer first and are dedicated to providing a superior product.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
In addition to the comprehensive benefits offered at Generac we are an organization that thrives on employee participation in corporate sponsored events such as recreation leagues, sporting events, golf tournaments, bowling outing, and our annual company picnic.
With Generac you will never feel powerless with your career!
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.