Retirement Benefits Specialist
STG International iscurrently accepting resumesfor Retirement Benefits Specialists supporting agencies in Washington, DC.This posting is for future openings – no currently available positions.
- Responding to routine benefits-related questions, e.g., accessing systems, how employees should fill out forms, where to find information, etc.;
- Providing benefits counseling, e.g., explanation of benefits;
- Providing advice and counseling to employees on retirement eligibility and benefits;
- Providing death benefit and survivor assistance;
- Performing annuity calculations;
- Reviewing retirement and/or death benefit paperwork for completeness;
- Preparing retirement letters and certificates for signature;
- Providing separation packets to all employees retiring; and,
- Coordinating with appropriate parties (e.g., Payroll).
- Must be able to provide a separate quality review report per case.
- Must deliver training as requested per subject matter, one to two hours per training session.
- Must be able to complete FERCCA reviews on an ad hoc basis as cases are discovered- Each review averages one to two hours, depending on complexity.
- Must be able to produce review analysis of each case.
- Selectee must be able to provide one-on-one counseling to employees considering retirement under CSRS or FERS.
- Must be able to review personnel documents and forms for completeness and accuracy to ensure appropriate retirement coverage and carryover of benefits for employees including law enforcement employees covered under 6(c) retirement coverage.
- Must be able to prepare estimated retirement annuities and coordinate relevant paperwork of retiring employees to ensure timely retirement processing, including liaison with OPM.
- Must be able to provide guidance and assistance to staff on health and life insurance coverage; Thrift Savings Plans; Flexible Spending Accounts; etc. Assist with administering benefit program open seasons.
- Must have strong federal HR experience, including knowledge and experience in all aspects of federal retirement.
- Selectee must have knowledge in the Government retirement and Benefits software (or equivalent) for computing retirement estimates and military deposits. Individual have in all aspects of the Federal employee retirement system, including law enforcement and 6c provisions.
- Must have knowledge of Federal employee benefits programs, including Thrift savings Plans, and health and life insurance.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. As a woman-owned, minority-owned business, recruiting a diverse corps of employees is important to us. We look for individuals with talents both broad and focused and who are looking to make a difference in our country – one patient at a time, one solution at a time.
STGi offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization