Project Design Engineer
- Designing new products and creating product improvements, which will be managed from conception to implementation on a production line.
- Designing, layout/drafting, evaluating product designs and manufacturing methods, and assuring product produce-ability and reliability are key accountabilities in this role.
This position will also be responsible for assisting with manufacturing and warranty problems and solutions.
- Applicants with a 4 year degree with a minimum of four years experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Proficiency in 3D software, Solidworks is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Knowledge of mechanical/manufacturing design, including design for six sigma.
- Willing and able to make decisions when required.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs and work at varying heights.
- Ability to work with power tools and equipment.
- Electrical and/or PLC experience is a plus.
- This position reports to the Design Engineering Manager.
- Conduct engineering research.
- Design and develop products to meet customer needs (new product development and product variation requests).
- Managing and development and product improvement projects from concept thru production using six sigma.
- Work with a team in all aspects of design and manufacture.
- Review progress and evaluate results, make changes in processes, design or equipment where necessary.
- Lay-out of designs based from engineers discussions, stack-ups and tolerancing; create detail and assembly drawings.
- Generate BOM's and review them for accuracy.
- Maintain drawing accuracy within the CAD area.
- Enter orders and assist in shop drawings.