Professional Security Officer
Times may be turbulent, but your career shouldn't be. Universal Protection Service, a Nationally-acclaimed company, has grown to be the 3rd largest security organization in the U.S. We seek to hire security professionals to work in a professional environment. This requires an ambitious and career conscious person where acquired skills and training will be utilized toward continued growth and advancement. Apply today!
We are actively recruiting Security Officers to work in various retail and public locations throughout San Diego. Military background is preferred. Universal Protection Service proudly supports the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Universal Protection Service also offers an opportunity for professional and financial growth, internal promotion, On-The-Spot recognition, and training, including our Certified Security Professional program.
The successful Security Professional candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Schedule: Varies according to need. We currently have both full-time and part-time opportunities available in the San Diego area.
Pay: Up to $11/hr, DOE
Qualified Security Professional applicants will meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initi