Cultural Resources Project Manager
TRC has an immediate opening for a full-time, benefited cultural resource specialist that will be responsible for working as a project manager in the cultural resource program, conducting and supervising quality laboratory data and artifact processing, analyses and report writing; facilitating curation; occasional fieldwork; and conducting business development activities (including proposals) out of our Albuquerque, New Mexico office.
The duties of the position will include serving as a Laboratory Director for cultural resource projects, overseeing and supervising the work of lower level cultural resource staff, interacting and coordinating with clients and government agencies, tracking project budgets, developing proposals and research designs, marketing TRC's services, planning and organizing projects, overseeing and conducting laboratory work and occasional fieldwork, and writing and editing reports.
Qualified Candidates Must Possess The Following
Advanced degree in anthropology or related field (must meet the Secretary of Interior guidelines)
- Experience supervising archaeological laboratory and fieldwork in the Southwest region (New Mexico, Arizona, west Texas, southern California and adjacent states)
- Excellent reputation with the regulatory agencies and professional community
- Successful technical report and proposal writing experience
- Excellent personnel and management skills and a track record of progressively higher level experience as an archaeologist
- Ability to work and supervise crews in laboratory settings
- Ability to work both independently and with other TRC offices
- Willingness to market TRC's services in the Southwest area
ROPA certification not required but preferred. Technical specialization is open.
This is a full-time, benefited position with a national professional environmental consulting firm. Competitive salary is based on experience and education. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, PTO, and holidays.