Sr. Interactive Web Designer
Job Code 12-2651
Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores, and approximately 168,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Senior Interactive/Web Designer-eCommerce
- Do you have a passion for fashion? And experience in eCommerce Web design? Well the TJX Companies wants to talk to you! Currently our TJX eCommerce team is in search of a Web Designer for our fast-paced team. It's a great position for an individual willing to work with the Merchants, Creative, Marketing and Site Management teams in a new startup atmosphere within the TJX Companies.
The Designer is responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the copywriter, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in visual design presentations, developing detailed design specs for production, and other design team members. Also assist the creative site team in executing other creative concepts and periodical photo shoots.
- Design intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent;
- Translate business requirements into concepts and elegant user interface design
- Must be able to iterate and sketch out ideas quickly
- Stay current on all industry trends through both internal and external exploration
- Strong leadership skills - ability to work with Art Directors and mentor Junior Designers
- Understands what great value is and delivers that message to our consumers.
- Thinks and articulates both verbally and visually when working
- Continually develop design & presentation skills with assistance of team and
- Develop leadership skills in order to help develop future design team growth
PORTFOLIO MUST SHOW A WOW FASHION SENSE!
- 7+ years experience in comparable web design roles on large/national, eCommerce FASHION sites, with no less than 2+ years leading and developing others.
- Strong conceptual thinking and articulation
- Intimate knowledge of Creative Suite. Flash a plus.
- Must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and positive attitude
- Good natured and flexible
- Prior experience in animation a big plus.
- Work samples or link to portfolio REQUIRED to be considered
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not
only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits
that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account,
Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Herefor a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.