Fishing Tools Specialist - Odessa, Tx
About This Job
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Fishing Tools Specialist in Odessa, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Continues to expand and apply application knowledge and expertise to include applications of increasing complexity and/or risk in Wellbore Intervention and/or other product groups.
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job.
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
- Uses experience and knowledge of applications to ensure products and services are of highest quality.
- May conduct on-the-job training for some Wellbore Intervention applications as required.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- 2 years' experience as a Fishing Tool Specialist OR 5 years' experience running completions or a drilling rig with an additional 5 years of oilfield experience
- Good problem solving skills
- General knowledge of well intervention techniques and operations
- Microsoft Office skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Competent in running multiple medium to high risk applications in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/work over rig operations
- Thorough mechanical and application proficiency with Wellbore Intervention products
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others
- Ability to be on 24 hour call with no fixed rotation
- 5 years' experience in Open Hole Fishing
- Two year Technical Degree preferred
- For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the USA for any employer. If you do not have current eligibility to work in USA, then please visit our website to explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
nullJob: Field Service