Title: Warehouse Specialist
Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs
Akima, LLC is a $1.2 billion holding company with 5,600 employees worldwide headquartered just outside Washington, DC, in Herndon, VA. Akima, LLC is a wholly owned unit of the NANA Development Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation and is focused on providing service excellence to the U.S. Federal government through its 27 independent operating companies. These companies have a portfolio of services including Information Technology, Facilities Management & Maintenance, Engineering and Technical Support, Aviation Support, Subject Matter Expertise, and Business Processing. To learn more about Akima, LLC visit our website atwww.akima.com.
We are looking for aWarehouse Specialistin Ft. Carson, CO.
As directed, the Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. Work involves most of the following: verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods; rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials; examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment. This worker may operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
Major Job Activities
- Pack, unpack, sort, stack, warehouse, bin and move items.
- Make in-storage checks for obvious needs for maintenance and damage. Locate items by referring to locator cards; compare identifying information in computers with documents stock tags, bin markings or box markings.
- Select stock in quantities indicated by the document, report location discrepancies and damage to supervisor. Assemble picked items and move stock to locations (assembly or pickup areas) within a well-prescribed overall storage plan.
- Unload conveyances, move supplies by handcart or other non-mechanized conveyance. Prepare tally sheet and make proper notations as to receipts overages or shortages. Place stock in appropriate temporary or permanent storage locations, according to specific oral or written instructions and established methods.
- Complete document to show location. Sign for items to show receipt, tally out shipments and complete documents after ensuring that supplies are shipped in properly marked, tagged and labeled containers.
- Re-stack and re-warehouse items and straighten as needed and purify bin locations.
- Transfer stock to proper location or establish new location when the decision is obvious.
- Operate various forklifts and high rise equipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties. May use automated systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Material handling equipment, computer systems, office automation equipment, various forklifts.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Work is generally conducted in a warehouse environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required is certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules. Must wear steel toe shoes at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in warehouse functions. Computer experience preferred. Trainability may be substituted for experience.
- Must possess and continuously maintain a current State of Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must receive a favorable background check and drug testing results.
Akima, LLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website or to apply for a position please contact, Paul Brennan, Director, Recruiting Services, Paul.Brennan@akima.com, (703) 766-6754. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.