Brightside Academy is actively seeking Lead Teachers/Group Supervisors in Philadelphia. The age range is from infant, toddlers to preK.
Tending to the daily needs of the children while following the provided activities schedule.
- Ensures that the children are supervised at all times.
- Acts as a liaison between the children and parents addressing problems and answering questions regarding the children.
- Creates a stimulating environment for the child by conducting developmentally appropriate activities.
- Interacts with and provides guidance and care to all children within the academy.
- Changes diapers and/or assists children with their toilet needs while adhering to hand washing procedures.
- Greets each child and parent upon arrival at the academy.
- Encourages classroom participation and positive interaction with other children.
- Redirects undesirable behavior to promote positive socialization.
- Responds to childrens verbal and nonverbal indications of need and/or requests.
- Conducts oneself and represents Brightside Academy in a positive manner which includes showing respect for co-workers, parents and superiors.
- Understands the chain of command and accepts criticism and suggestions as an opportunity to improve.
- Ensures appropriate set-up and shut-down of classroom on a daily basis.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A successful Group Supervisor must be able to adequately perform each essential duty, and have the following education and experience:
- An Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or related field with 18 credits specifically in Early Childhood Education. OR
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or related field with 30 credits specifically in Early Childhood Education.
Brightside Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer