Assistant Teacher (ECE)
Brightside Academy has several openings for Assistant Teachers, including Full Time and Part Time at several of our Philadelphia locations.
Tending to the daily needs of the children while following the provided activities schedule.
- Ensures that the children are supervised at all times.
- Acts as a liaison between the children and parents addressing problems and answering questions regarding the children.
- Creates a stimulating environment for the child by conducting developmentally appropriate activities.
- Interacts with and provides guidance and care to all children within the academy.
- Changes diapers and/or assists children with their toilet needs while adhering to hand washing procedures.
- Greets each child and parent upon arrival at the academy.
- Encourages classroom participation and positive interaction with other children.
- Redirects undesirable behavior to promote positive socialization.
- Responds to childrens verbal and nonverbal indications of need and/or requests.
- Conducts oneself and represents Brightside Academy in a positive manner which includes showing respect for co-workers, parents and superiors.
- Understands the chain of command and accepts criticism and suggestions as an opportunity to improve.
- Ensures appropriate set-up and shut-down of classroom on a daily basis.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
And Have The Following Education And Experience
A successful Assistant Group Supervisor must be able to adequately perform each essential duty, and have the following education and experience
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Certificate AND 15 hours of training AND two years of experience working in an established early childhood education program. OR
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Certificate AND forty-five hours of training or three Early Childhood Education Credits from an accredited college or university AND two years of experience working in an established early childhood education program OR
- High School Diploma or GED and A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential from an accredited Early Childhood Education Program or six ECE credits AND two years of experience working in an established early childhood education program. OR
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Certificate AND thirty college credits including 12 credits specifically in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university.
Brightside Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer