Loss Prevention Coordinator
The Loss Prevention Coordinator will oversee the protection of company assets in assigned stores. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all Loss Prevention programs designed to minimize inventory shortages are properly executed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Must be able to successfully complete all phases of the Loss Prevention certification program.
- Will partner with Store Management to oversee the performance of Contracted Security and Law Enforcement personnel (if applicable in his/her store).
- Conduct monthly Loss Prevention Associate Awareness Training for all newly hired associates. This includes reviewing operational practices relating to the reduction of waste as well as demonstrating all Loss Prevention tools and equipment used by Store Management to detect, investigate, and resolve theft.
- Become proficient and train Store Management in the use of all physical security equipment to include alarm system, CCTV, POS monitoring etc. Become proficient in operating and utilizing equipment for investigative purposes and monitoring of store controls.
- Assist Store Management in the implementation and review of front-end and POS reporting tools including Front Line Performance, ESCAPE, Shrink Trax, and any other applicable POS related tools.
- Have a thorough understanding of Harris Teeter's shoplifting directives (6 steps) and after completion of the certification program will intercede in theft situations to minimize losses.
- Ensure Store Management has a thorough understanding of Harris Teeter's Shoplifting Directives (6 steps).
- Perform Loss Prevention audits as directed to include DSD, warehouse truck seals, front-end, scan audits, and overnight surveillances.
- Perform weekly DSD audits of the Vendors and Vendor Receivers ensuring invoices match actual product delivered and that policy violations are reported to Store Management.
- Assist Store Management with Safety Improvement Team meetings designed to minimize customer and associate accidents.
- Actively participate and assist in store inventories to include perishable and non-perishable.
- As directed, assist Loss Prevention Specialist with high-waste investigations.
- Observe, document, and report incidents involving acts of associate dishonesty.
- Observe, document, and report incidents involving acts of professional shoplifting.
- When required, testify in criminal court proceedings on behalf of Harris Teeter.
- Adhere to all Harris Teeter policies, including attendance and punctuality, dress code, meals, etc.
- Strong investigative, fact finding and interviewing skills.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Drive - Possesses a strong desire to achieve company goals through persistence and the motivation of others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves complex problems in early stages; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentat