The Hospitality Associate is responsible for supporting the key areas of hospitality and guest satisfaction, preparation of side dishes, expediting orders, dining room maintenance and cash handling.
Hospitality And Guest Satisfaction
- Adopts and follows the Mission Statement and Daily Directives.
- Use all available opportunities to “Engage and Include” guests; making them feel welcomed.
- Greets guests warmly; explains menu options and cooking techniques.
- Takes guest orders and suggestive sells menu items.
- Processes all register transactions correctly and per company procedure.
- Explains “dine-in” or “to-go” serving procedure.
- Ensures that product quality is maintained per company standards at all times. Recognizes and rejects food that is sub-standard per company guidelines and mission statement.
Preparation, Expediting And Maintenance
- Ensuring that all applicable checklists are completed each shift.
- Makes side dishes / salads per company quality standards. Maintains communication with cook; sides must be made in coordination with the A-1 cook's schedule for optimal food quality.
- Communicates side dish levels with Kitchen Prep associates.
- Expedites guests orders.
- Delivers orders to guests in dining room / “to-go” orders. Verifies orders are correct with guest.
- Bus tables when guests have finished their meals. Engage guests in conversation regarding their dining experience.
- Cleans tables; restocks dining room area including condiment and drink station.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms per company standards throughout their shift.
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Previous job experience in the current environment is preferable. Must be extremely friendly and empathetic towards people; strong social skills.
Job Knowledge And Skill
Understands job procedures and methods; demonstrates ability to acquire necessary skills; understands how job relates to others; makes effective use of resources; demonstrates skill in performing assigned tasks.
Quality Of Work
Produces work that is accurate and thorough; demonstrates commitment to excellence and continuous improvement; ability to monitor quality of own work; applies feedback to improve performance; takes initiative to find ways to improve and promote quality work.
Planning /Organizational Skills
Independently plans/prioritizes work; sets goals and objectives; displays appropriate sense of urgency toward top priorities; manages time efficiently; plans for additional resources; integrates changes smoothly.
Meets attendance and punctuality requirements; keeps commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows instructions and responds to management direction; responds to requests for service and assistance; commits to doing the best job possible.
Hospitality/ Interpersonal Skills
Maintains a feeling of welcome ness to customers at all times; displays tact and consideration; works actively to resolve conflicts; displays positive outlook/pleasant demeanor; exhibits tact and consideration; conducts self professionally at all times; assists and supports co-workers and customers.
Expresses ideas coherently; demonstrates good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed at all times; selects appropriate communication tools.