The job you requested, Weekend Samplers & Demonstrators Needed, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Maintenance Assistant Full-Time M-F with Rotating Weekends
Assumes responsibilities for overall maintenance of facility. Responsible for preventative maintenance, painting and repairs inside and outside the facility to provide a safe, attractive and orderly environment for the benefit, use, enjoyment protection of residents staff and visitors. Conducts routine tests and inspections on various facility systems and implements programs in a manner that meet the goals and objectives of the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference given to graduates of trade or vocational school, with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and electricity.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions in order to identify various chemicals and cleaning agents from their labels and understand directions for use. Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two (2) year previous building maintenance experience desired. Has some knowledge of state building, plumbing and electrical codes and local ordinances.
- Able to understand technical manuals used to install and repair machinery and equipment.
- Coordination and dexterity needed to handle tools and equipment parts.
- Must be capable of making decisions in an emergency.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation or an on-call situation.
- Performs designated cleaning tasks and preventative maintenance services.
- Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemical and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, for all areas assigned that would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Sweeping, mopping, wet‑washing/shampooing and vacuuming floors/carpets in ancillary service and common areas of the facility.
- Stripping, waxing and polishing all floors in accordance with the facility floor covering maintenance schedule.
- Washing walls, ceilings, and common area lighting fixtures.
- Gathering, transporting and disposing of trash.
- Cleaning waste receptacles.
- Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
- Store all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substance clearly labeled and locked away when not in use.
- Follow established reporting/repair procedures for the following:
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist the Director of Environmental Services with the implementation of the facilitys preventative maintenance program.
- Conducts frequent inspections of all fire safety equipment, alarms, extinguishers, detectors, sprinkler heads, water valves, exit lights, etc. Testing and adjusting where indicated.
- Assist the Director of Environmental Services with building and equipment maintenance and repairs. Typical duties would include, but not limited to:
- Testing emergency generator.
- Adjusting door closures.
- Cleaning ice machines, dryer vents, exhaust fans.
- Painting, patching, caulking and sanding.
- Clearing drain stoppages.
- Replacing belts, washers, screws, seals, etc.
- Tightening hand rails, chair lifts.
- Repairing leaks.
- Conducting physical plant safety inspections.
- Lubricating hinges, motors, bearings, gears, etc.
- Operating mechanical equipment.
- Assists housekeeping personnel with room transfers.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Environmental Services.
Other Primary Functions
- Reports supply need and major equipment malfunctions or emergencies to the Director of Environmental Services.
- Manages department inventory control program.
- Be knowledgeable of federal, state and facilitys rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Attend scheduled department staff meetings.
- Attend mandatory in-service programs annually.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Follow defined Infection Control procedures while performing all duties.
- Understand facilitys fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable Accommodations May Be Made To Enable Individual With Disabilities To Meet These Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands
- Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, reaching, pushing, turns, crouches, kneeling, standing, use of pulling, bending and stooping movements intermittently throughout the working day.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotion