Ref No.: 13-00034
Company/Department: Olympic Peninsula - Log Cabin
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Position Type: Seasonal-Full Time
Start Date / End Date: 05/16/2013 / 09/16/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more atwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country¿s most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some Of The National And State Parks In Which We Operate Include
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The Steward serves a variety of essential back of the house food & beverage roles which include working as a dishwasher, deep cleaning the kitchen and all equipment along with other miscellaneous duties. Stewards are required to maintain a safe sanitary work environment. Stewards are also required to gain an extensiveknowledge of the proper use and cleaning techniques for kitchen equipment including but not limited to steamers, ovens, mixers, grills, and dishwashing equipment. Stewards will alsostock and maintain food and beverage product daily in the concession locations and will have direct interaction with guests.
- Ensure a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the kitchen at all times
- Perform any opening and closing side work as required
- Maintain store rooms and refrigerators and ensure they are kept clean
- Ensure at all times that food safety guidelines and company food quality standards are adhered to
- Complete time and temperature control logs on a daily basis for HACCP compliance
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Operate dish washing machine ¿ set-up, load, run and remove clean dishes once process is complete
- Maintain dish washing machine cleanliness ¿ ensure filters are frequently entered
- Place clean dishes on correct shelves ready to be used again
- Stock various food and beverage concession outlets
- Manually hand wash and scrub pots to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned
- Keep all kitchen floors swept and mopped at all times
- Empty all trash cans and keep trash dumpster areas clean
- Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to manager immediately
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status And Scope
- Reports to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manor
- Must be able to accurately carry out instructions
- Must be able to do repetitive tasks
- An attention to detail focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained
- Must have intermediate English language skills
Oven, Mixer, Grill, Steamer, Cleaning Utensil¿s, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Food Cutting Utensils, Hand Truck
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ARAMARK is an