Maintenance Assistant Manager
Maintenance Assistant Manager
Ref No.: 12-00944
Category: Facilities, Maintenance and Mechanics
Company/Department: McKinley Village
Location: Denali Park, AK
Position Type: Seasonal-Full Time
Start Date / End Date: 04/24/2013 / 09/25/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's `World's Most Admired Companies,` and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more atwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this countrys most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some Of The National And State Parks In Which We Operate Include
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates; provides training and counseling, as needed. Assures that proper safety standards and precautions are followed. Supervises and participates in building and facilities maintenance and repair; operates equipment, as needed. Assures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are available to crew; orders supplies and materials as needed. Prepares and maintains records for weekly and monthly reports; prepares reports; prepares time records for payroll purposes. Inspects completed work; assures that work is completed properly; ensures that equipment is in proper working order; oversees preventive maintenance on equipment. Prepares cost estimates on proposed projects. May be assigned to wear a respirator and/or self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as needed. Performs related duties as needed or assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the tools and equipment associated with the building maintenance and construction trades.
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to building and facilities maintenance and repair and the use of power tools.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinate employees. Ability to train and counsel subordinate employees.
- Ability to use and operate the tools and equipment of the building maintenance and construction trades in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work long hours in inclement weather and emergency situations, such as snow removal operations, storms, etc.
- Ability to wear a respirator and/or self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the Industrial Standard for Respirator Use.
- Ability to effectively communicate on radios; and hear over equipment noise. Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Status And Scope
Reports to Facilities Manager or Facilities Director
- Graduation from high school and five years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the skilled trades and some lead experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Considerable knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to building, grounds and facilities maintenance and repair. Must be well organized, computer literate with strong knowledge of MS office software.
- Excellent work history and attendance record. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license, qualify for company vehicle drivers license and have an excellent driving record.
- Must understand the value of a work order system to support implementation of CMMS
- Experience with CMMS systems and building management systems is a plus.
- A universal (EPA) refrigeration certificate & HAZWOPER training are also valued as are leadership skills.
Telephone, Calculator, Computer, hand-held radio, company motor vehicles, various power tools and maintenance-related equipment
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
KEYING/FINGERING NOT REQUIRED
ARAMARK is an