Ref No.: 12-00908
Category: Facilities, Maintenance and Mechanics
Company/Department: Doyon/ ARAMARK Joint Venture
Location: Denali Park, AK
Position Type: Seasonal-Full Time
Start Date / End Date: 04/17/2013 / 09/25/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's `World's Most Admired Companies,` and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more atwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this countrys most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some Of The National And State Parks In Which We Operate Include
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Performs preventive maintenance and operational safety inspections on Denali Park Resorts and Joint Ventures bus fleet and related vehicular equipment; may fuel, service, and clean vehicles as assigned. WORK TO BE PERFORMED WITH DIRECT SUPERVISION BY LEAD OR CLASS 1 MECHANIC.
- Fuels and performs service island tasks as assigned; lubricates buses and other automotive equipment. Lubrication to include chassis lube, oil and filter changes, gearbox fill or drain and flush, air cleaner service, and all other lubricating procedures as required.
- Verifies operational safety of equipment and devices such as lights, mirrors, glass, fire extinguishers, first-aid kits, highway warning kits, horn, warning lights and buzzers, emergency exits, wipers, signs, etc.
- Changes and repairs tires; performs complete batter service and brake adjustment.
- Installs anti-freeze, services cooling systems (fill, drain and flush), inspects, replaces hoses, caps, valves, etc., as required.
- Assists mechanics in overhaul, as instructed, replacing major assemblies and components.
- Makes minor repairs by replacing lights, spark plugs, ignition parts, latches, and switches as required.
- Operates lubrication equipment, compressor, battery charger, diagnostic equipment, headlights, drills, presses, air wrenches, and other tools and equipment as required in the performance of assigned duties.
- Drive service truck for parts pick-up, assists towing and roadside service as required.
- Assists in cleaning and organization of the shop, parts room, and other maintenance facilities.
- Additional job related tasks as assigned.
Bus Maintenance Shop Foreman or Lead Mechanic
Education And Experience
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years general experience in service station type automotive maintenance, plus one year related experience on buses, trucks, or other heavy duty and special vehicular equipment.
- The Personnel Office for comparability will evaluate alternative combination of technical training and work experience.
- Knowledge of automotive equipment
- Ability to perform minor preventive maintenance either alone or under direct supervision.
- Ability to help troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Ability to operate various tools and equipment as required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures.
- Knowledge of safety requirements.
- Ability to make minor repairs as required.
- Ability to assist in replacing major assemblies and components under direct supervision.
- Ability to drive service truck.Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.Licenses/Special Requirements.
Automotive maintenance and repair equipment, PPE
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ARAMARK is an