Ref No.: 12-00906
Category: Facilities, Maintenance and Mechanics
Company/Department: Doyon/ ARAMARK Joint Venture
Location: Denali Park, AK
Position Type: Seasonal-Full Time
Start Date / End Date: 03/07/2013 / 11/13/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's `World's Most Admired Companies,` and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more atwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this countrys most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some Of The National And State Parks In Which We Operate Include
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Perform journeyman level work in the repair, service and maintenance of buses and related vehicular equipment with little or no supervision.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical and engine defects in buses and other automotive equipment.
- Overhauls and rebuilds engines, transmissions, differentials and all other electrical components utilizing testing devices and machine equipment as required.
- Repairs and rebuilds generators, alternators and all other electrical components utilizing testing devices and machine equipment as required.
- Performs general tune-ups, utilizing diagnostic equipment.
- Makes roadside repairs as required.
- Repairs and replaces seats, glass, sheet metal, latches, and other body components and assemblies.
- Changes oil filters, installs anti-freeze and snow chains, repairs tires, adjusts brakes, lubricate chassis, wheel bearings and other assemblies as required. Performs all required preventive maintenance and regular bus safety inspections.
- Operates battery chargers, valve re-facing and reseating machines, compression gauges, torque wrenches, welding (acetylene jacks, porta-power, pumps, compressors, alignment board, drills, presses, headlight adjustment machine, air wrenches, small lathe, spark plug tester and other tools), equipment and machines required for performing repair and maintenance of motor vehicles.
- Assists in cleaning and organization of the shop, parts room and other maintenance facilities.
- Completes vehicle maintenance forms and records, i.e. work orders, stock records, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their departments environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
Bus Maintenance Shop Foreman or Lead Mechanic
Education And Experience
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an automotive mechanic or full journeyman status as an automotive and diesel mechanic.
- A minimum of four years applicable work experience in a heavy duty truck or bus shop facility.
- Allowable substitution: Alternative combinations of technical training and work experience will be evaluated by the Fleet Supervisor & Fleet Manager for comparability.Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Experience in repair of all vehicular equipment.
- Experience in all areas of preventive maintenance.
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Experience in operation of various tools and equipment as required.
- Experience in maintenance and repair procedures.
- Experience in ability to make major repairs as required.
- Experience in replacing major assembles and components without supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of State and Federal DOT regulations.Licenses/Special Requirements
- Valid Drivers License can have an Intermediate or Combination endorsement (commercial drivers license required).
- Possess a set of basic automotive mechanic hand tools and storage cabinet.
- Must meet DOT Inspector Qualification Criteria.
- Must meet DOT Qualification for Brake Inspector.
Automotive maintenance and repair equipment, PPE
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ARAMARK is an