Maintenance I - Refer Tech
Maintenance I - Refer Tech
Ref No.: 12-00665
Category: Facilities, Maintenance and Mechanics
Company/Department: McKinley Chalets
Location: Denali, AK
Position Type: Seasonal-Full Time
Start Date / End Date: 03/31/2013 / 09/30/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more atwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this countrys most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some Of The National And State Parks In Which We Operate Include
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
With general direction, perform highly technical work in the operation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilating, refrigeration and A/C systems. This includes a wide variety of HVAC systems, boilers, pipes, thermostats, air filters, pumps, pressure indicators, blowers, belts and bearings. Also operate and test computerized HVAC equipment. Must be able to work in extremely confined areas, heights, and noisy environments. Requires an applicable, valid #2 or Universal EPA license and proof of experience.
- Speak, read and write English. Must be able to install and repair HVAC equipment and perform periodic inspection and maintenance of HVAC systems and kitchen equipment. As well as trouble-shoot, diagnose and repair systems, read schematics, track inventory on all compressed gases and perform record keeping on all systems. Plan HVAC projects, including estimates for time, materials and labor. Provide reports on their condition. Maintain accurate logs for the company, EPA and any other outside agencies. Have very strong troubleshooting skills. Be licensed with EPA for handling Freon. Full knowledge of all tools required for the job. Necessary to plan, including estimating materials and labor to assess total costs for repairs and projects.Usually works alone and must complete tasks in timely manner. Occasionally will be called in after hours for essential repairs. Requires confined space training(provided by Company). Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs with assistance. Also may have to kneel, crouch, bend, crawl, reach, walk, run, work in confined spaces and on ladders, should be used to working at heights. All maintenance positions wear uniforms provided by the Company. Employees must provide steel-toed shoes. Must be over 21, possess a valid driver's license and have a clean MVR. Does non-related job tasks when necessary.
Status And Scope
- Reports to Maintenance Manager and General Manager
- Should be able to work all department shifts.
- Knowledge and experience in general maintenance skills including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Minimum two years experience at journey level HVAC and/or equivalent combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities. Have applicable, valid #2 or Universal EPA license.
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ARAMARK is an