Geologist Sr. - Modeling
Title: Geologist Sr. - Modeling
Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Job Number: 00006473
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individuals to fill the position of Senior Geologist - Modeling for our California Operations team located in Bakersfield, California.
- Review petrographic core analysis, conventional core analysis, capillary pressure data & depositional facies, with wireline logs to determine reservoir rock properties & flow characteristics of hydrocarbon recoveries.
- Convert seismic structure into depth with DepthTeamExpress, GeoGraphix & Zmap tools.
- Investigate possible reservoir trends distribute rock properties in the geologic models through 3D seismic attributes and well data analysis.
- Utillize OpenWorks, Zmap, GeoGraphix, StratWorks, and SeisWorks to interpret subsurface structure by creating contour maps and cross sections when appropriate.
- Integrate seismic, core, engineering, petrophysical and drilling data into large, complex computerized geological models using Petrel (or Gocad) 3D modeling software.
- Perform reservoir characterization & advanced geostatistical analysis.
- Perform upscaling of reservoir structure & properties from the fine-scale geologic models (Petrel/Gocad) to VIP or Eclipse simulation models.
- Evaluate technical uncertainty & flow paths in reservoir to help identify improved recovery opportunities. .
- Present geological models, technical details and identified opportunities to business units.
- Represent Oxy in partner or stakeholder meetings, as requested by business units.
- M.S. or higher in Geology.
- At least 7 or more years of industry experiencewith emphasis on geological modeling.
- Expertise using Petrel (or Gocad) and implementing 3D modeling workflows.
- Proficiency with Geographix, Landmark OpenWorks / StratWorks / SeisWorks or equivalent software.
- Experience in geostatistical, probabilistic and risk assessment techniques.
- Expertise working in both clastic and carbonate reservoirs, fracture description and modeling.
- Experience with planning and implementing waterflood, CO2, and /or thermal projects.
- Excellent time management skills, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- International travel required.
- Familiarity with unconventional reservoirs and development techniques is a plus.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V