Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Job Number: 00005377
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry's best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Geologist for our California Heavy Oil Team based in Bakersfield, California.
Since the foundation of our business is a solid understanding of the subsurface geology, geologists are critical members of our reservoir management teams. Their primary objective is to identify additional development and exploration opportunities, and improve recovery from existing productive reservoirs. Geologists apply their skills and use state of the art tools to map and describe reservoirs, participate in volumetric and reserves estimations, and provide geoscience support to a fast-paced drilling and development program.
If you feel you meet the required qualifications and would like to work in a challenging team environment, we are interested in visiting with you.
- Bachelors degree in geology.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in petroleum exploration and/or developmental geology.
- Proficient in all aspects of stratigraphic correlation, fault picking, structural interpretation, and geologic mapping.
- Proficient in estimating in-place hydrocarbon volumes.
- Proficient in OpenWorks and Petrel, or demonstrated proficiency in other industry standard geologic interpretation software.
- Able to work effectively on a multidisciplinary team to plan and execute development, reservoir characterization, and surveillance programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ready and able to relocate to the Bakersfield, California area.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Masters degree preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with California geology.
- Proficiency in 3D geologic modeling.
- Proficient in reservoir description/core data analysis.