Cellular RF Hardware Engineer - FSWP - Tempe, AZ
Title: Cellular RF Hardware Engineer - FSWP - Tempe, AZ
Fujitsu Semiconductor Wireless Products Inc. (FSWP) is an innovative leader in RF transceivers for mobile cellular handsets and other portable wireless devices.
The highly trained FSWP engineers in Tempe, Arizona, have developed several generations of products starting with GSM products in the 1980s. The group was acquired by Fujitsu in 2009 and established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited (FSL) in 2010. Before the acquisition by Fujitsu, the group was part of Motorola and then part of Freescale Semiconductor.
The FSWP group's long experience and expertise have resulted in several notable innovations, including the industry's first SAW-less transceiver architecture as well as the first SAW-less multimode transceiver integrating 2G / 3G / 4G modes in a single device.
The group has also been involved in the standardization and commercialization of every major cellular standard, including AMPS, TDMA, GSM / EDGE, WCDMA, and LTE FDD / TDD. This group has been responsible for shipping close to half a billion chipsets for application in these standards.
You may learn more about our exciting organization by visitinghttp://us.fujitsu.com/semi-wireless
We are seeking a Cellular RF Hardware Engineer to join our team in Tempe, AZ. The Hardware Engineer will be supporting critical customers in an Applications role.
The Hardware Engineer Will Be Responsible For
- Support of customers on integration of Fujitsu 3G and LTE transceivers into their cellular handset products.
- Management of customer deliverables and requests for documentation, reference designs, change requests, test results, and software deliveries.
- Development and validation of Fujitsu transceiver IC's within RF sub-system platforms.
- Assisting customers on design, development, and debug of Fujitsu transceiver devices in their product lines.
- Provide validation support of front end devices, including power amplifiers, filters, antenna switches, etc.
- BS required, MS preferred in Electrical Engineering, with an emphasis in RF and/or wireless communications
- 10 years experience in applications engineering and/or product design/integration.
- Customer Applications or interaction experience highly desired
- Knowledge of WCDMA (3G/UMTS), GSM, CDMA, and/or LTE (FDD/TDD) required
- Working knowledge of cellular transceivers or cellular products (handsets, tablets, smart phones, etc)
- RF design experience required, with general Tx and Rx theory understanding, including but not limited to experience with, Tx and Rx line-up analysis, passive and active component selection, PCB design criteria, etc.
- Knowledge of Typical RF tests/requirements: 3GPP compliance requirements, NF, sensitivity, IMD, Power out, emissions, etc
- Alternative to RF, digital/mixed signal experience, timing/protocol knowledge is beneficial
- Expertise with RF/analog test equipment: Call boxes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc
- Familiarity with Digital signal analysis test equipment desired.