The job you requested, Assistant Actuary, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
University Relations - Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) Summer Internship
University Relations - Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) Summer Internship People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That's why we embrace and encourage peoples' uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That's why we're committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We're growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time. The purposes of Cigna's Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) are to (1) attract and retain high-caliber actuarial professionals who will perform financial and actuarial functions and (2) facilitate member development in pursuit of attaining senior level managerial roles throughout the organization. The AEDP helps develop its full time members through job rotations and actuarial exam support and we have had program graduates reach CEO, Chief Financial Officer, Operational and Technical leadership positions as well as roles that require more subject matter specific expertise.
A great way to assess whether the actuarial profession in general and Cigna in particular are a good fit for you is to participate in our actuarial summer internship. This 11 week program from late May until early August will expose you to what life as an actuary will be like and serves as a “two way interview'; in fact, we view the internship program as our primary source for identifying full time talent.
AEDP summer internship benefits
- “Real' work: you will be assigned a project that deals with actuarial related concepts and is usually overseen by an AEDP member so you can get exposure to the day-to-day type work of an actuary. You will be asked to present your findings and conclusions at the end of the summer.
- Speaker series: you and your fellow interns will be exposed to a variety of lectures, case studies, and presentations given by members of the Cigna and actuarial community so you can get a feel for the wide array of roles that exist in the organization and how they fit together.
- Compensation: earn a highly competitive hourly rate in addition to gaining valuable work experience.
- Paid Housing: the AEDP pays for the interns' housing in an apartment complex or facility that has close proximity to the office.
- Community: be a part of a large, tightly-knit community of actuaries and AEDP associates.
University Relations - Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) Summer Internship Preferred Qualifications
- Progressing towards a degree in a related field (3.2 minimum GPA)
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of a strong desire and demonstrated ability to lead
- Drive to develop business and actuarial skills through ongoing training and varied rotations.
- Hartford, CT area (Bloomfield)
- Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE
- Denver, CO
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
Cigna is an Equal Opportunity Employer