The job you requested, Medical Coders - Work At Home, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Medical Records Coder-Healthspring/Birmingham or Mobile AL
Medical Records Coder-Healthspring/Birmingham or Mobile AL People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That's why we embrace and encourage peoples' uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That's why we're committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We're growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
Codes hospital records for the purpose of reimbursement, research, and compliance with federal regulations according to diagnosis, operation, and procedure on a concurrent basis. May act as a custodian of records responsible for insuring the proper release of medical information needed for legal actions (subpoenas).
Responsibility includes assigning ICD-9-CM codes to documentation received from provider offices and entering into electronic management systems. Reviews health management reports and 360 physical exams for coding accuracy, assign codes if missing, and document opportunities when applicable. May travel to provider offices and conduct chart reviews (extracting ICD-9-CM codes from medical records) or assign ICD-9-CM codes to documentation received for comprehensive review. Identifies providers that may need additional education on ICD-9 coding, documentation requirements, or training on Company tools.
Location: This is an office based position in Birmingham or Mobile. This is not a work at home position.
Medical Records Coder-Healthspring/Birmingham Or Mobile AL Qualifications
- 2-3 year of coding experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills required
- Excellent 10 key numeric key pad skills required
- Some type of coding certification required, which may include Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist for Providers (CCS-P), Certified Coding Specialist for Hospitals (CCS-H), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM, CPT, and CMS coding principles and guidelines.
- Familiarity with physician-specific regulations and polices related to documentation and coding.
- Proficiency with ICD-9-CM coding and guidelines. Must be detail oriented, self motivated, and have excellent organization skills and maintain required productivity standards.
- Maintain required accuracy rating for all activities.
- Ability to articulate findings from chart reviews or company coding tools to administrators, providers and office staff,
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer