Outlet Leasing Agent
- Job Summary
An executive leasing position that will contribute to the Company's following core initiatives; Net Operating Income, Funds From Operations, Occupancy and merchandising.
- Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Produce targeted annual number of leasing transactions.
- Effective use of all related Leasing systems and programs.
- Strategically maximize rent and multiple deal negotiations with individual accounts.
- Prospect new tenants.
- Execute and Manage merchandise plan for focus center(s).
- Active participation with other departments in store opening process (i.e. Tenant Coordination, Lease Administration, Operations, etc.).
- Proper and consistent use of all department systems and programs.
- Responsible use of company's financial resources (i.e. Travel, Entertainment, etc.).
- Use Individual Development Plan to target skill sets and competencies which will enhance productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong selling skills
- Effective negotiating and closing skills that support company's business philosophies
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational and Time Management techniques
- Effective one on one and group presentation skills
- Established deal making relationships with key outlet tenants
- In-depth knowledge of the outlet industry
- Creative problem solving skills
- Competent in basic computer applications (Lotus Notes, Windows, Word, Excel)
- Experience and Training
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of retail Operations or Merchandising is preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of commercial Real Estate is preferred
- Must have at least 3 years outlet leasing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications is preferred
- Essential Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle documents and files
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be able to work under short-term deadlines and work under stress
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds
- Travel (to various shopping centers, sites and projects on a regular basis)