The job you requested, Associate Underwriter, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Senior Marketing Underwriter
Amerisure is a leading A' rated property and casualty mutual insurance company providing commercial insurance for contractors, manufacturers, and other commercial enterprises. For 100 years we have built our success through our partner relationships with policyholders, agencies and employees. We recently were named a 2012 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer by Insurance Journal Magazine and Demotech.
We are recruiting for a motivated Sr. Marketing Underwriter to join our team in Atlanta, GA to market company products and services to select independent agents and to profitably manage a substantial book of business through risk selection, underwriting and price decisions within designated authority; perform effective agency and policyholder contacts and personal visits.
Primary point person for all relationship management activities for assigned agents. Conducts agency visits in terms of planning and implementation, marketing plans. Underwriting and pricing decisions on individual accounts within designated underwriting authority. Develops and implements business plans for written premium, loss ratio, product retention, pricing and coordination of service and accountability for results. Manages the development of the agency thru the PFS levels.
- Coordinate assigned agency service where there is a service team or individual service providers.
- Facilitate communication between agency principal, producer and support staff with the appropriate team members or support personnel to ensure achievement of quality and service objectives.
- Lead agency evaluation process developing specific business plans with the appropriate tactical elements and monitoring progress towards objectives.
- Complete understanding of competitive environment and trends within the assigned agency, and recommend actions as appropriate. Share competitive intelligence in order to nurture profitable relationship and enhance less productive ones.
- Interact with current and prospective policy holders as requested by agency.
- Act as liaison between agency and company to resolve problems, capitalize on opportunity, and report on activities.
- High degree of integrity in all actions.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to learn using internal and external resources.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
Successful candidates will have3 plus years of multi line middle market commercial underwriting experience, strong agency relationship management experience, excellent communication skills, be a team player that is committed to customer service. Construction or manufacturing markets experience strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.