Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Location: WY - Cheyenne
Requisition Number: IRC19469
- of Openings: 0
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
EchoStar Satellite Services L.L.C. manages or operates a fleet of 11 satellites, providing world-class satellite communications solutions including video distribution, data communications, and backhaul services for service operators, enterprise, government, and military customers.
This team is responsible the day-to-day management of the Broadcast Networks infrastructure. This includes fulfilling work requests, responding to incidents, and supporting system change requests. This team is the primary point of contact for any Broadcast Network requests or inquiries and the first line of defense for resolving service related outages.
- Provide Tier 1 network support
- Day-to-day monitoring of network operations: configuration, capacity, access, performance and security management.
- Respond to tickets opened by customers, routine alarms and network issues.
- Network change management: support modifications, maintenance to complex network systems.
- Perform fault management and problem resolution in a highly complex, mission critical network environment.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure problem resolution and minimize time to restoral.
- Ability to deal with concurrent problems and issues effectively. Ability to work under a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Hands on experience with Cisco network equipment, functional knowledge of IOS.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and the ability to apply advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems are essential.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Able to clearly communicate network issues and the status of efforts to resolve problems.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and must be flexible enough to deal with different technical skill levels, skill sets and highly dynamic work environment and schedules.
- Self-sufficient with analytical skills requiring little supervision.
- The capability to creatively approach problems not covered by existing procedures is important.
- Must be available to work weekends, nights, and holidays as shift work may be required.
- CCNA certified.
- Knowledge of MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 standards
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies