Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
Location: UT - Salt Lake City
Requisition Number: UT-1002
- of Openings: 1
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
We are seeking a System Administrator for our American Fork, UT location, who will help lead the changing face of TV. The Senior System Administrator will maintain systems that transcode content and make it available for consumption, allowing publishers to manage their video assets and provide reporting on viewership.
- Respond to requests for service by provisioning accounts, configuring supporting applications (encoding, CMS, DRM, etc.) and directing content routing.
- Act as a point of escalation for tech support and junior Sys Admins
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise, working with tech support and customers at times.
- Provide feedback for product bug fixes, enhancements and needed test cases.
- Provide mentoring to Tech Support personnel and other System Administrators.
- Perform on call rotation duties periodically.
- 8+ years experience supporting computer systems within a live service environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred (CS, EE, Math, Information Technology or other technical area)
- Proficient Linux administration skills.
- Experience with database configurations and administration including SQL.
- Experience with network architectures including web servers, web caches, databases, storage area networks, clustered storage systems, routing, etc..
- Experience with administrative use of scripting such as BASH, Python and SQL scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience producing technical documentation. Please bring examples.
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities.
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills.
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 40% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies