The job you requested, Hourly Trader II, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Manager Market Operation - Energy/Transmission Trader
Based in Joplin, Missouri, The Empire District Electric Company (NYSE: EDE) is an investor-owned, regulated utility providing electric, natural gas (through its wholly owned subsidiary The Empire District Gas Company), and water service, with approximately 216,000 customers in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. A subsidiary of the company provides fiber optic services
Currently we have an opening for a Manager Market Operations in our Joplin, MO location.
- This position holder will direct company participation in the Day Ahead, Real time, and Transmission Congestion Rights (TCR) markets for Empire with focus on Southwest Power Pool and Midwest ISO.
- Also directs preparation and submittal of bids and offers for energy and ancillary services, analysis of available transmission congestion rights to determine market/hedge value, develop bids/offers in the annual and monthly TCR auctions as well as settlements related to this market.
- Manages the participation in annual, monthly, and secondary market processes to maximize effectiveness in hedging costs and receiving available net revenues from this process where possible.
- Participate in other RTO's Financial Transmission Rights markets to ensure Empire's transmission rights in the other RTO regions are properly procured to hedge congestion risks from Empire's external Designated Resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Business related field
- 3+ years of related electric utility experience
- Experience with Derivatives, Hedging Instruments and Financial Transmission rights
- Experience with energy markets
- Day-to-day Energy Utility experience
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage, train and support the direct reports