Business Analyst / Sr. Business Analyst
Lake Shore Associates (LSA) is a Chicago-based management consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering integrated solutions across diverse business units.
LSA's Principals at 20+ years and associates with 10+ years bring "big-5" style client service and direct industry experience from Telecoms, Finance, Insurance, Health Care, and Public Sector to serve clients with regional or headquarters presence in the greater Chicago area.
LSA is enjoying rapid growth, and we continue to seek top-tier consulting talent to serve our growing client requirements. Services include Portfolio Strategy and Planning, Program and Project Management, IT Governance, Enterprise Change Management and other business and IT solutions. We are committed to provide high-value, cost-effective business transformation, operations improvement, and change implementation services that fit today's challenging client operating and financial environments.
We offer a high-energy, stimulating and fun professional atmosphere, as well as professionally managed benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid vacation.
LSA is hiring full-time professional Business Analysts with strong experience understanding client needs, and facilitating and executing planning, documentation and change activities to establish optimized future state business processes and overall operations.
Experienced Business Analysts will be expected to be familiar with industry standard Operations Improvement, BPR, Business Transformation and Change and related concepts and methodologies. Our experienced BAs also are expected to excel at senior level client communications, facilitation and presentation. Candidates will be asked during the interview process to demonstrate their strong skills in developing and delivering high-impact, visually stimulating program materials to client executives.
Candidates must have a name brand consulting background with demonstrated expertise in leading business transformation methodologies, including "big-4" consulting approaches or other industry standards. Please clarify in your response if your BA work was primarily IT aligned, e.g. preparing system requirements, or business aligned, e.g., developing future state business processes and operating models.
We welcome candidates from varied industry backgrounds; however, our primary focus of this search is to serve a Wireless telecom carrier client. Candidates with specific concentration serving Wireless carriers from a consulting, vendor or industry role will receive strongest consideration. Candidates not coming from significant professional consulting background will need to demonstrate equivalent experience from a recognized corporate internal consulting program; we value industry experience, but also require demonstrated consulting program delivery history.
Other enabling background will include sophisticated communications skills, including top-tier executive presentation creation and delivery in PowerPoint and/or Visio, in-depth business process development, planning and management using Visio or specific process mapping tools, dynamic facilitation skills, ability to work at multiple levels including to VP and C-level, and ability enlist and drive participation of cross-functional client, vendor and LSA team members. You will be asked to demonstrate your abilities in this regard through submission of a portfolio of related materials during our interview process.
• Significant experience at a top tier consulting firm, with commitment to do what it takes to satisfy demanding clients.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree required. For non-degreed candidates, you may request review of special situations.
• At least 5 years of Business Analysis experience is required.
• Must possess and demonstrate outstanding presentation development and delivery skills, with ability to inform, influence and impact at senior executive levels.
• Excellent written and oral communications and facilitation skills.
• Readiness to adapt work and personal schedules to client needs.
• Deep experience in at least one of the following professional "majors": BI/DW, Change Management, CRM, ERP, Supply Chain, Telecom Billing, Customer Service Operations, Contact Center.
• Project and Program Management experience.
• Large scale systems integration and/or related business transformation experience.
• Wireless telecom carrier consulting and/or operational experience.
Local - Chicago based Candidates Only