Job Title: Industrial Engineer E2
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Dearborn, MI
Reports To: Vice President
Provide industrial engineering and material handling analysis for the efficient flow of materials through manufacturing facilities, primarily within automotive powertrain and assembly plants to support new program launches. The objective of our analysis work is to optimize the receipt, movement, storage, and workstation display of material to support efficient production operations.
• Apply lean manufacturing principles and methods to develop efficient material handling processes for the movement of material throughout manufacturing facilities.
• Develop and maintain material handling data to include bill of material, packaging information, and material flow/material handling information. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required and Microsoft Access skills are a plus.
• Analyze dock operations and locations for all material being received into the plant, as well as finished product being shipped and returnable containers being reintroduced into the supply chain.
• Plan for efficient material movement processes and patterns within the plant, which may include movement of material by fork truck, tugger, conveyor, and automatic guided vehicle systems. Material delivery methods may also include sequencing and kitting. Experience with FactoryFLOW software is a plus.
• Develop storage analysis to determine min and max storage levels for parts being stored within the plant, both in bulk and small lot form. Analysis will also include requirements for empty returnable containers. Develop efficient storage layouts that maximize floor space utilization while also supporting efficient material flow within the facility.
• Using AutoCAD, develop workstation layouts designed to maximize the efficiency of operators.
• Develop specifications to assist in the procurement of material handling equipment, including dock equipment, storage equipment, powered material handling vehicles, and standard and specialized line display equipment. Assist in the buyoff and runoff of equipment. Maintain the overall material handling equipment budget.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
• 5 to 10 years of relevant on the job experience preferred.
• Previous Industrial Engineering experience in Automotive Powertrain and/or Automotive vehicle assembly fields preferred.
• Analysis and report generation utilizing Microsoft suite of products. Strong Excel skills required and Access skills a plus
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.