The job you requested, Virtual Administrative Assistant, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Virtual System Administrator
Under general direction, is responsible for ensuring the reliability of the systems operating environment. Assists in determining system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems. Builds scripts automating the daily operations of the system and participates in system integrations efforts. Participates in system testing and develops test plans. Monitors resource utilization for capacity planning. Defines procedures for user access to the systems environment. Maintains systems including backups, patch management and hot fixes and assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures. Provides production support, diagnosing and fixing hardware and software problems. Exercises no superivision.
- Systems Specifications: Assists in determining systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- System Solutions: Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies and documents operating systems to meet business requirements. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems.
- Scripting Automation: Builds scripts automating the daily operations of the system.
- Systems Integration: Participates in infrastructure integration efforts.
- Testing: Participates in system integration testing of operating systems, system utilities and hardware upgrades, as well as new software and hardware technologies. Develops test plans.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitors resource utilization for capacity planning. Optimizes performance, as needed. Escalates when appropriate.
- Data Interface: Monitors data Interface jobs. In case of failure events, notify users, and fixes the problem or escalates to Team Leader. Sets up new interface jobs, writes and maintains job scripts.
- Archival Systems: Manages Archival Systems infrastructure, including installation, upgrade, configuration, job scheduling, job monitoring, and supporting users globally. Supports data image archiving.
- Account and Access Management: Sets up new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and system policies and maintains user accounts. Defines procedures for user access to systems environment.
- Installation and Configuration: Installs and configures system hardware and software. Maintains tracking and configuration documentation.
- System Security: Maintains system security by checking logs for issues such as attempted intrusion. Installs security software and/or security- related patches. Reports security issues when appropriate.
- Maintenance: Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems; backups, patch management and hot fixes. Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures.
- Production Support: Provides 24X7 production support. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and corrects hardware, software and network problems. Performs hardware and software repair and installations.
- Business Continuity: Verifies that system backups run successfully. Performs off-site storage procedures.
- Policies and Procedures: Adheres to standards. Maintains system operating procedures and documentation.
- Training: Assists in preparing training material. Provides training to users on technology changes that will impact work processes.
- IT Projects: Participates in projects to implement or enhance IT services.
- Knowledge Sharing: Participates in peer knowledge sharing groups.
- Emerging Technologies: Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations for software and hardware upgrades.
- Mentoring: Mentors less-experienced staff.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.