The job you requested, Field Technician, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Field Service Technician - Field Service Tech
Audio Electronics has provided hearing professionals with quality audiometric equipment and service since 1971. Audio Electronics became a subsidiary of Otometrics in January, 2013 and continues to provide sales and service for multiple brands of audiology and Occupational Health products. Audio Electronics provides the equipment and support that any hearing professional and Occupational Health professional may require, specializing on instrumentation for audiometry, tympanometry, otoacoustic emissions (OAE), ENG/VNG, hearing aid fitting, auditory evoked potentials, soundrooms, and vision screening.
Otometrics is the leading manufacturer of audiology equipment in the world. The brands under the Otometrics include MADSEN, ICS and AURICAL. Otometrics products lead each category for design, performance, ease of use and quality. Otometrics recently released the first FDA approved device that can assess the function of all six semicircular canals for balance testing with the ICS Impulse.
Audio Electronics Inc. is looking for an energetic team player to work as a medical equipment technician for audiology equipment primarily in the Dallas area. This person will travel to customer sites for the calibration, repair and maintenance of medical equipment used in the audiology field. The customer sites include offices of physicians and audiologists, hearing aid dispensers, hospitals, military bases, schools and manufacturing facilities. Extensive driving and travel is required, including approximately 25% overnight travel.
We will provide the successful candidate with both classroom and on-the-job training before the candidate will provide service independently.
Responsibilities - Field Service Technician - Field Service Tech
- Calibration, repair and maintenance of audiology medical equipment. This equipment includes audiometers, tympanometers, ABR, OAE, VNG, REM and any other medical equipment related to the function of the ear and is primarily at the customers location.
- Interact with each customer to understand any issues/problems they are having with their instrumentation and relate these issues to the appropriate office staff and/or salesperson.
- Completion of detailed reports in the company format to record the performance values of the various pieces of equipment under multiple parameters.
- Installation of new equipment sold by territory sales representatives.
- Installation of appropriate firmware and software updates.
- Requires daily travel to customer site for calibration and/or repair work. A typical day may involve visiting multiple customers within a defined geographic area.
- The company will provide training for the equipment we service. The position will require continuous training for existing products and new products as they are released.
Qualifications - Field Service Technician - Field Service Tech
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Graduate of a two year Technical School/Vocational School program, equivalent on-the-job training, equivalent military training or a bachelors degree
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Normal hearing and vision
- Requires the ability to hear with no more than a 30 dB hearing loss without correction for the entire frequency spectrum of audible sound
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. Networking and other IT skills are a must for this position.
- 75% travel, requires significant car travel within Texas, including overnight stays and occasional airplane flights to reach customer locations
- Clean driving record - hired candidate will be subject to standard background check.
- Superb work ethic is an absolute requirement
- Experience in the medical equipment field desired
- Biomedical engineering technician experience is a plus