UNIFIED is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that works with some of the most exciting names in the social networking and cloud computing industries, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
UNIFIED is looking for a full-time Database Administrator to join our Manhattan-based team. This position will work in the engineering team building the first enterprise system for social advertising on a Big Data platform. As part of the platform engineering team, you will be working with the top software architects and engineers in the social web. You will participate in all aspects of the product engineering process from design through to testing and deployment.
- 5+ years of professional experience in database development and support in Relational Database and Business Intelligence Server environments
- Experience with both commercial and open source database environments including Postgres and MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra and CouchDB
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database, performance, replication, log shipping, connectivity, security and blocking/deadlocking issues
- Performance tuning, query optimization and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, clustering and database mirroring
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own as part of a distributed team
- Understanding of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Development experience with one or more of these APIs a definite plus
- Understanding of online advertising and associate technology, including redirection, tracking pixels and cookies a plus
- Experience tuning a system for performance and scaling an application as demand increases