Contract Editor and Writer, Multicultural
Title: Contract Editor and Writer, Multicultural
Position:Contract Editor and Writer, Multicultural
CEB Iconoculture is a global consumer research and advisory firm. We deliver a future-focused combination of comprehensive consumer insights and strategic advisory services designed to give Fortune 1000 companies and powerhouse agencies a leading edge in today's ever-changing, ultracompetitive marketplace. Our research and expertise reach across categories, demographics and geographies to provide a fully integrated, 360-degree view of consumer values and behaviors across the consumer spectrum and around the world.
As aneditor and writercovering the multicultural space you work in a virtual home office and are responsible for producing and managing research deliverables for our consumer-centric research product, collaborating closely with the Multicultural Advisory team.
- Lead, produce and manage multicultural research deliverables.
- Identify trends and observations significant to African Americans, Latinos and Asian Americans across regions, generations and consumer categories, using secondary sources and primary observation.
- Produce articles and other deliverables with accurate analysis of significance for Latino, African American and Asian American consumers, marketing opportunities, driving consumer values/motivators and CEB Iconoculture Macrotrends.
- Prepare deliverables for publishing, including applying metatags and following technical requirements.
- Write additional deliverables related to multicultural consumers, including generational profiles and cultural background documents.
- Develop a network of field sources and experts for insight into age, life stage and regional differences; lifestyle categories; and niche areas.
- Collaborate closely with Advisory Strategists to provide expert insight into specific behavior and values of multicultural consumers.
- Advise on the development of CEB Iconoculture's multicultural research product, including taxonomy and Macrotrends.
- Work with editorial staff and manage/edit other contract writers as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing or cultural studies
- Five years of experience in consumer-based marketing environment, including trend identification
- Authentic relationship to Latino, Asian American or African American culture
- Passion for and discernment of consumer culture, with ability to translate cultural observations into marketing opportunities
- Proven ability to work productively in a virtual work environment and create necessary personal systems to maximize productivity
- Self-starting, highly responsible regarding deadlines and commitments
- Ability to manage, analyze and troubleshoot processes in a changing, fast-paced business environment
- Maturity in collaborating closely with a variety of people in virtual locations
- Tech savvy: Comfort with learning new technology, software, Internet access / connections
- Understanding of and adherence to journalistic values and investigative / reporting approach
- Familiarity with AP style
- Fluency in MSWord, Excel
- Ability to write in CEB Iconoculture branded voice
- Ability to stay fresh and creative through ongoing deadline pressure
CEB Iconoculture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.