Looking for a new career?
Many of our top executives started their careers at MCL. We offer good pay and great benefits in a friendly, down-to-earth environment in a family-owned company. We always look for someone who is friendly, professional and has a love for our chicken and noodles. Ok, we can be flexible on that last one.
MCL Restaurant & Bakery is currently hiring Floor Servers!
As a Floor Server, you are responsible for providing a quality “full-service” customer service experience to customers dining at MCL. They must:
- Speak conversational English
- Be socially interactive with employees and customers
- Anticipate need and suggestively sell in all areas especially desserts and catering/banquet/FSC options whenever appropriate
- Able to multi-task and see and act on the details within a big picture
- Maintain a positive attitude in accordance with our Attitude of Service and 4-Point Mission of Service
Essential Job Functions
- Greet all customers in assigned section within two (2) minutes of being seated (pulling trays is accepted as a 2-minute greeting), introducing self, offering assistance, condiments and providing information on drink refills
- Return in five (5) minutes to check on their satisfaction of their meal
- Smile, make eye contact and suggestively sell desserts and catering/banquet/FSC options whenever appropriate
- Pre-bus dirty dishes weighing up to 5 pounds per dish from table as customers finish with them. Do not use trays to clear several dishes at a time while the customer is present
- Regularly carry full trays of food for the customer to the table or clear dirty dishes from empty tables weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Close every customer experience with a “Thank you” or “Hope to see you soon”
- Follow IRS regulations regarding tip reporting at the end of each shift.
- Maintain effective communication with management team and other floor servers (breaks, quality control, etc.)
- Handle customer service complaints, concerns. Follow up on issues with management when necessary.
- Provide customers with carry-out containers when needed.
- Clean high chairs. Do not push children in high chairs, hand all booster seats directly to the adult and do not assist those in wheelchairs. Help with trays only.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
This position allows great financial growth. You can make up to $15 per hour.
Floor servers will regularly stand, walk, carry, talk, twist, turn, bend, stoop, walk on uneven ground and lift up to thirty (30) pounds. Team lift required for anything awkward to carry or over twenty-five (25) pounds.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with opportunity and you are flexible, friendly, and hardworking, please apply with us today. We can't wait to meet you!