The job you requested, Kitchen Manager, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Assistant Kitchen Manager
Supervises line and production cooks and stewards throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance to budget and standards by performing the following duties:
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals, and efficiently address staff member questions/concerns as they arise.
- Ensures accurate completion of staff member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Coordinates catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Assists in training new staff members within their department
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company's products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Two or more years of experience working in a supervisory capacity within a high volume food and beverage environment required
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred
- Certified Professional Food Manager Certification required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise multiple level of culinary workers
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training and safety practices.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and staff members.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Responsible for quality of products, and waste prevention.
- Responsible for delivering staff member evaluations in a timely manner as well as coaching, counseling, developing and directing staff members.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.