Title: Senior Auditor
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Auditor opening to join our Financeorganization.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing high quality professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and special projects
- Assisting Management in preparing risk assessments and internal audit plan programs
- Effectively administering internal audit engagements from start to finish with respect to budgeting, work-paper review, report preparation and supervision of staff
- Creating draft internal audit reports for Management review
- Applying technical writing skills that clearly and concisely document research, analysis and interviews
- Formulating / deriving initial conclusions from research, analysis and testing
- Demonstrating awareness of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Effectively communicating with Management and/or staff
- Assisting in management / training / mentoring of associate level staff
- Working close with management to promptly resolve problems that may arise
- Demonstrating the ability to research issues, trends, etc. via external sources
- Building industry expertise by attending selected conferences and/or seminars
- Performing other related duties as assigned or as the situation requires
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.