The job you requested, CNA / Caregiver, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
CNA / PCA / Caregiver / Private Duty /Murray, UT
Bringing Compassionate Care Home At Kindred at Home, we offer a variety of services to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence. Our services range from non-medical care and home health, for patients needing skilled nursing and rehabilitation, to hospice and palliative care, for patients seeking pain management and psychosocial support through chronic and terminal illnesses. Kindred at Home is a growing provider of hospice, palliative care, durable medical equipment, non-medical home care and home health services with more than 100 locations in 10 states. For more information, please visit www.kindredathome.com.
The Home Care & Hospice CNA is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The Home Care & Hospice CNA is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Home Care & Hospice CNA will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
Position-Specific Skills, Competencies And Responsibilities
- At the direction and under the supervision of the RN/PT/ST:
- Performs simple procedures within the scope of practice
- Provides personal care.
- Attends staff meetings/case conferences, inservices, weekly peer review including Care Plan review.
- Participates in annual skills day.
- Observes for changes in health status and signs and symptoms, or deviations from normal status of patients. Appropriately reports findings to supervising nurse or to patient's primary nurse.
- Demonstrates courtesy, discretion and compassion when dealing with patients, families and staff members.
- Completes paperwork related to patient's care in a timely and accurate manner according to the patient's plan of care.
- Coordinates with scheduling of CNA visits to ensure patient needs are met.
- Observes for changes in health status and signs of symptoms, or deviations from normal status of patients. Appropriately reports findings to supervising nurse or patient's primary nurse.
- Provides respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Adheres to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Demonstrates courtesy, discretion, and compassion and remains respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
- Coordinates call schedule and time off requests with team leader.
- Assists with CNA skills day.
- Completes joint visits with CNA's.
- Precepts all new CNA's.
- Arrives at scheduled time in patient's home or for meetings. Notifies supervisor and/or patient if going to be late.
- Maintains positive relationships with patients, family members and physicians.
- Completes all documentation correctly, legibly, thoroughly and in the amount of time allowed.
- Is competent to access facility information systems to retrieve and utilize pertinent information in the performance of job related responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervising Nurse, Administrator or designees.
- Completes daily logs and time sheet summaries correctly, legibly, thoroughly and on time.
- Certified/licensed as CNA in the state(s) in which he/she will work.
- Previous home health experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must read and speak fluent English.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Secure with issues of death/dying. Display a calm demeanor when in a patient's home. Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Working knowledge of simple procedures as extension of therapy services essential to health care at home that follows company policy, federal, state, and local regulations and is consistent with philosophy of company.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision as part of the home health care team.
- Possess and maintain current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Possess and maintain current Driver License.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee