Electrical Designer - Designer III
Title: Electrical Designer - Designer III
Job Number: 1300028
This position is responsible for preparing designs and layouts for capital projects.
This position works under direct supervision following established routines and standing instructions, prepares detailed drawings and layouts of process plant electrical distribution systems for engineering, manufacturing or construction purposes.
This position typically reports to an Electrical Design Section Leader or Engineering Manager; position has no direct reports.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned tasks within time and cost restraints.
- Works as a member of design team to prepare plant or equipment layouts.
- Works with engineers to convert basic design information into working drawings.
- Investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops and implements appropriate solutions.
- Checks design packages for conformance to project definition, design standards, codes, completeness, safety and quality.
- Ensures design packages conform to project definition, design standards, codes, completeness, safety and quality.
- Collects notes, sketches and verbal instructions to complete designs.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers.
- Operates computer aided design equipment and software to perform design activities.
- Sizing and routing of conduits and cables.
- Ensures that designs comply with design and safety standards.
- Prioritizes work, may plan and schedule design activities of other team members.
- Training and oversight of newer professionals.
- Learns and follows established work processes.
- Works with Control Systems Engineering in developing Schematic Wiring Diagrams
- 2-year degree with minimum 8 years design, engineering or drafting experience
- Strong electrical design background
- Knowledge of industrial codes, standards and practices.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- 3D modeling of structural steel & cable tray