Reliability Mechanical Superintendent - East Chicago, IN
Title: Reliability Mechanical Superintendent - East Chicago, IN
Location: IN-East Chicago
Job Number: 1200941
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Superintendent for our regional Reliability Center that will be based at our East Chicago, IN location. This position will report to the Regional Reliability Center Manager in East Chicago, IN and will work with the NAIG Regional Reliability team to achieve strategic reliability goals within the Region.
The overall objective of the Mechanical Superintendent is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Mechanical Superintendent will be responsible for the assignment and supervision of work by all Reliability Center Mechanical Specialists in the region and will ensure safe work, optimal work quality, optimal productivity and operational discipline of all specialists. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations as needed, in consultation with appropriate engineering resources.
- Schedule and assign work to all Mechanical Reliability Center Specialists - for Planned and Emergent plant outage support
- Ensure safe work and optimal work quality and productivity of all Mechanical Specialists
- Ensure optimal execution of outage planning process
- Provide technical expertise, in consultation with engineering resources as needed
- Coach and mentor Mechanical Specialists
- Ensures parts & resources are procured and coordinated for Reliability Center activities
- Ensure optimal EAM utilization by Mechanical Specialists, including data integrity and cost capture
- Ensure planning, scheduling and coordination of PM, PdM, Project and CM activities are completed per schedule and budget
- Champion pro-active maintenance & PM/PdM programs
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Degree in Engineering with 5 years of industrial reliability/maintenance experienceORminimum 10 years of industrial reliability/maintenance experience.
Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience of industrial reliability/maintenance personnel.
Proven experience with compressors, turbines, high speed rotating equipment, motors, electrical distribution systems and sub stations.
Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, rebuilds and repairs of industrial systems and equipment.
Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial systems and equipment.
Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks under time and cost pressure; assigns appropriate priorities to competing interests; and, achieves results with minimal supervision.
Proven experience with computers & software packages (MS Office, E-mail , CMMS, etc.).