Data Quality Manager
Data Quality Manager
Share this job on Twitter!
Job Code :401
Location :US - RI - Pawtucket, Pawtucket RI US 02860 162 Middle Street
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Don't wait to jumpstart your career! Seize this opportunity to work for the company that Travel & Leisure has recently awarded one of the best Tour Operators on the planet. Collette Vacations sells over 150 guided tours to all 7 continents and has offices around the globe. Our family owned company has a proven track record of over 94 years of sales success and are continuing to grow. As a matter of fact 2010 was our best year ever!
The Data Quality Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of a long-term data quality strategy. In the short term, the role will focus on maintaining a newly implemented analytic data structure and analyzing that core structure to identify gaps in data content or quality. The ideal candidate is a ‘good data evangelist' with expertise in data hygiene and quality for data base marketing purposes.
The Data Quality Manager Will Also
- Implement reporting processes to track data quality improvements
- Identify high value data sources marketing needs to acquire to further strategic goals
- Work with IT to prioritize, facilitate and complete high value marketing data quality projects.
- Provide guidance, expertise and leadership on best practice marketing data base efforts.
- Proactively identifies changes to business and data processes that will increase data quality, process efficiency or both.
- Work closely with data quality technical staff, applications development, and the data owners/subject matter experts from the businesses.
- Utilize data profiling and data quality tools, as well as with various data sources to uncover and determine root causes of data quality issues.
- Articulate the need for and benefits of data quality to IT, Sales, Marketing, and Senior Management
- Collaborate directly with the business data owners to establish the quality business rules that will provide the foundation of the organization's data quality improvement plan.
- Establish a data quality methodology documenting a repeatable set of processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues, establishing an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures.
- Identify best practice data standardization, hygiene and validation tools. Work with internal IT and vendor partners to implement as part of the data base marketing process
- 5 to 7 years' experience in a data management role, preferably in data base marketing application
- Experience with Unica and SAS a plus
- Excellent communication skills; ability to articulate data issue to key stakeholders in IT, Marketing, Finance and Executive Management
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and participate in multiple, concurrent projects.
- Proactive self-starter with the initiative to identify and act upon opportunities without direction.
- 5 to 7 years' experience with SQL based data structures
- Strong knowledge of SQL Database structure and SQL needed. Ability to identify sets and subsets of information across multiple joins or unions of tables.
- Experience in managing projects through to completion.