The job you requested, Sr. Software Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer for a contract position with our client in Dublin, CA.
Job Title: Database Engineer
Work Location: Dublin, CA 94568
Compensation: Up to $55-$70/hr on W2 Contract
Employment Terms: Contract until 10/31/13
This international database, web and software giant is seeking a Database Engineer to join their team and make immediate an immediate impact on project goals and deadlines.
Responsibilities include the following:
SQL, PLSQL, Performance tuning
• Evaluate and review software requirement documentation. Provide feedbacks to product management and functional analyst.
• Perform complex software product architecture and design activities requiring extensive research and analysis. Document software design and contribute to design reviews.
• Implement components or subsystems of software products. Write complex tools and codes to solve critical problems. Perform unit and system testing and bug resolution.
• Support and maintain the existing product. Resolve customer reported issues.
• Actively mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise
• Excellent team player.
• No travel required
Qualifications Include The Following
•8-10 years of development experience - at least 5+ years experience with Oracle PL/SQL
•Thorough understanding of Oracle 11G features, Oracle development tools, SQL, Oracle SQL extensions and internal functions, and PL/SQL
•Expertise in advanced PL/SQL techniques in an 11G environment
•Expertise in SQL tuning
•Through understanding of Datawarehouse application.
•Demonstrated experience using bulking techniques, partition utilization to increase performance
•Experience in working with e-Commerce/ Retail environment
•Ability to solve complex problems independently and gather expert advice as needed.
•Ability to multi-task and provide expertise for multiple development teams across concurrent project tasks
•Ability to provide technical expertise to junior team members and consult with other application developers to tune and performance test new and existing code base.
•Excellent written and verbal communications skills
•Self-motivated with strong sense of task ownership
•A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering
•Experience with ETL tool like OWB/ODI.