Location: US - Fresno, TX (suburb of Houston)
Job Code: 3314
Job Grade: 72
- of openings: 1
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for aChemist IIIin our Energy Services -CorsiTechgroup located inFresno, Texas. If youare a dedicatedChemist IIIwith a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base rates and benefits.
Primarily responsible for: The Chemist III position will provide advanced-level expertise of reverse emulsion polymerization by developing and utilizing experiences in laboratory work to effectively manage complex technical projects. The role will include assisting the Technical Director through a laboratory work including: invert emulsion polymerization, scaling up products, and emulsion stability and activation.
Territory/Location Information: This position is based inFresno, Texas.
- Supports research efforts for polymer manufacturing with the supervision of higher level personnel or guidance from appropriate manager and can take lead role on a major project
- Does appropriate literature searches and during routine efforts starts learning about companies' different product lines.
- Helps scale up and do necessary paperwork to transition material from the lab environment towards a sellable product.
- Writes reports on completed work.
- Qualifies potentially new raw materials (substitutes) using procedures currently in place.
- Ensures compliance with group safety and environmental policies.
- Ph.D. or Advanced degree in Engineering with at least 5 - 7 years industry or lab experience.
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs or a ladder, and agile enough to squat and bend over (Agility Tests 1, 2a & 2b).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in interdepartmental team environments
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and electronic communication and presentation skills are required
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Self-starter, self-motivated, requiring minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Windows Office suite.
Keywords: Chemist, Ph.D.