Furniture Delivery Assistant --- Dot Required
Summary: Delivers merchandise to customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists driver in all phases of delivery operations.
- Assists in set-up of furniture in the customers' homes.
- Assists driver with responsibility of handling and backing up vehicle and other related safety measures.
- Calls warehouse dispatcher after completing each delivery.
- Assists in warehouse by unloading trucks, pulling furniture for deliveries, and cleaning warehouse.
- Inspects and touches up all merchandise before loading for delivery.
- Serves as back-up delivery driver as needed.
- Must wear uniform and maintain personal appearance by following Havertys dress code requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a current drivers license with a clean record. Must have active DOT-certification.
Must be able to pass DOT physical and heavy lifting assessment on an annual basis. Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions. Must maintain good driving record in accordance with Havertys policy. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and move more than 200 pounds. Must be able to maneuver furniture in customers' homes up and down staircases. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.