The Production Manager oversees the manufacturing operation, manages employees, plans and makes changes according to production schedule, promotes safety, supports and communicates company goals, rules, and standards, to employees. Promotes lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes.
Summary Of Duties
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective production Department planning, policies, and procedures.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long term goals and objectives and provides suggestions and recommendations.
- Participates in developing Department policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic objectives.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies. Ensures that policies are updated and in accordance with evolving production and quality standards.
- Oversees production and assembly processes. Supervises assembly, inspection, and shipment of products.
- Monitors and supervises production quality, and inspection of products. Identifies problems and resolves them quickly and effectively.
- Regulates work flow to ensure maximum production capacity. Monitors the floor production schedule to ensure that products are completed according to deadlines.
- Ensures that Production functions are completed in accordance with established production, safety, and quality standards.
- Effectively supervises assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
- Directs and assigns personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Trains, advises, and counsels employees on current production methods. Provides suggestions to improve performance and productivity.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Assists with personnel decisions including hiring, terminations, wage decisions, and promotions.
- Works closely with purchasing, and engineering departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in operational procedures.
- Provides assistance and support to related departments as required.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Stays informed of developments and changes in production techniques and methods.
- Performs production duties as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Knowledge: Strong understanding of production, procedures, standards and knowledge of Quality Control Standards and systems.
5 or more years.
Computer Skill: Microsoft Word, Excel, email, ERP system.
Well organized, planning and time management skills, quality oriented, problem solving.