Sr. Test Architect
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) is the recognized industry leader in business process management (BPM) and a leading provider of customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. We help some of the world's largest companies achieve new levels of agility, enhance customer loyalty, generate new business and improve productivity. Our patented technology enables organizations to realize rapid and significant business returns by directly capturing business objectives into fully automated processes and eliminating manual programming. Pegasystems enables clients to quickly adapt to changing business conditions in order to outperform the competition. PEGA was also recently named the #1 BPM firm by Forester and Gartner and have been on Fortune's Top 10 List of fastest growing companies in the US.
A Senior Architecture Engineer in Test is a developer with the primary responsibility of architecting and writing code and tools to automate the testing Pegasystems products. They work as part of Agile Development teams. They bring an independent mind and independent through to the development of new features, which helps find the bugs in the integration points that would otherwise be missed. They are responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product meets the customers? needs.
This unique and challenging role provides immense opportunity to design wide-reaching tools as well as get a broad product understanding from both the technical and customer perspective. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering while collaborating with.
- Be an active member and advocate for quality in our scrum team; working with developers & product owners to architect and develop automated testing, analyze performance, drive features to completion and keep our customers happy
- You are expected to learn the product at an accelerated pace and become an expert
- Analyze stories and develop test scenarios, then lead & work with developers to code all those test scenarios
- Write unit, integration and performance tests
- Leverage & expand our product testing frameworks to automate results gathering & analysis
- Analytical approach to find defects & performance bottlenecks in the product
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews constantly advocating for testability & quality
- Ensure scrum team testing efforts are aligned with broader Test Engineering quality initiatives
- Research and present more streamlined testing processes
- Other responsibilities and key result areas as required or assigned.Required Technical Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of development and test experience with at least 1 year of writing automated tests (e.g. JUnit or Eggplant)
- 1+ years of experience in data driven, white box testing in an environment of continuous integration
- 1+ years of experience in Front end UI testing.
- Strong object oriented design and development skills
- A dedication to testing and quality, writing unit & integration test is a passion of yours
- Experience developing automated functional UI testing using tools such as selenium or eggplant
- Some experience with performance & load testing
- Strong analytical and communication skills with ability to present detailed status to senior management
- Proven quick learner
- Proven ability to take initiativeEducation and Experience Requirements:
Minimum Level Of Education
BA/BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Type Of Experience And Minimum Number Of Years
3-4 years of experience
- Minimal, infrequent travel
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.