Director of Marketing
Our client is one of the largest IMOs in the country representing some of the most competitive and financially stable insurance companies in the industry. With a growing number of organizations in their business, reputation is crucial. Providing superior customer service requires superior people, and you could be just who they’re looking for. Our client considers their employees as part of a team, one that sets the standard in their industry. They are fully dedicated to helping talented and committed individuals build strong, rewarding careers. Their company is proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that provides the protection, peace of mind and flexibility their employees need to build a better life - both at home and at work.
Due to their consistent substantial growth over the past ten years, we are seeking to hire a professional, hard-working, forward-thinking Director of Marketing to work in their Cornelius, NC office. The ideal candidate will have previous marketing experience within the financial services industry, possess a positive energetic personality and be motivated to succeed.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for creating a successful and innovative marketing team that will be instrumental in assisting company growth. You will help drive the success of sales goals in the creation, packaging and promoting of value added programs, insurance agent and financial advisor incentive packages, and all marketing material. The Marketing Director will develop and implement viral marketing, productive drip marketing, email and print ad campaigns. You will also work closely with the Executive team and Marketing Consultants to understand the needs of the company, agents and advisors. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in branding and marketing programs. The desire and drive to succeed in a competitive financial services setting is imperative. Minimal travel may be required. Because of their substantial growth, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get in with a progressive company that is on the cutting edge in the financial services industry.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Define, communicate and uphold the company brand across all channels and mediums.
- Collaborate with the Executive team to coordinate and align branding, creative direction, visual standards and overall best practices.
- Institute processes to deliver quality marketing communications / creative deliverables to support company marketing campaigns
- Develop incentive programs for Insurance Agents and Financial Advisors to increase their overall production.
- Manage creative projects from concept to completion, translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, and directing the creative team throughout the design (and copywriting) phases.
- Oversee production of all creative projects, with responsibility for the overall quality and accuracy of work produced ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Build, manage, mentor and inspire a creative team and build credibility for that team by bringing fresh ideas and approaches to design.
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university. MBA preferred, though not required.
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in Creative Services / Marketing Communication.
- Previous marketing experience within financial services preferred.
- Hands-on experience developing web sites, viral marketing, drip, print and email ad campaigns.
- Demonstrable track record of building and managing world-class creative teams focused on meeting objectives and driving results.
- Excellent strategic, collaborative, and leadership skills.
- Adept at providing insightful direction and leadership for integrated marketing programs across print, email, video and web channels.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with web design, graphic design, copywriting.
- Experience with branding and naming.
- Ability to inspire and uphold the company brand internally and externally.
- Prior management experience.
- Familiarity with varying design applications such as Adobe Create Suite, Flash, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, InDesign, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude.