Counselor - Mental Health Full time
Options for Community Living, Inc. is committed to assisting individuals and families with special needs to develop their fullest potential for independent living. Residential and support services prepare participants for the demands and responsibilities of community life and promote housing permanency, health, safety and welfare. Program participants are involved in service planning and make informed choices.
The organizations actions are guided by principles of integrity, openness, accountability, respect for the individual, and the highest quality of care. At Options, individuals with psychiatric disabilities live, learn, and develop their potential in an environment that respects personal choice.
The Mental Health Counselor works in our Community Residence program providing various support services for clients with mental illness.
- Trains and assists residents in the activities of daily living, including household maintenance. May provide on-site visits to scattered apartment sites.
- Participates in the planning and evaluation of individual service plans and monitors plan objectives.
- Writes progress notes on a weekly basis.
- Oversees medication maintenance and assists residents in the development of self-medication skills as needed.
- Provides case management and follow-up services.
- Provides transportation for clients as needed.
Work Schedule: 35 hours per week;
Sat - Wed 10am - 6pm
M/W/F 1pm - 9pm &Tu/Th 9am - 5pm
M/W/F 12noon - 8pm &Tu/Th 7am - 3pm
M/W/F 9am - 5pm &Tu/Th 1pm - 9pm
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants are required to have a valid driver's license, access to a car, and a safe driving record.
- The employee uses his or her own vehicle for transportation and is reimbursed for mileage.