Medical Social Worker - Home Health
Medical Social Worker needed for Mississippi Home Care
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health care team to understand significant personal, emotional, environmental, and social factors related to the patient's health status on as needed basis
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a daily basis.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients on a as needed basis.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Care; completes a clinical note for each visit; and submits clinical notes to the agency on a daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care Management process.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies on an as needed basis.
- Assesses social and emotional factors related to patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as needed basis.
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis
Exciting PRN Opportunities!
- Master's degree (MSW) from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or license current in the state of employment if contracted by AHA.
- One (1) year of experience, working as a social worker.
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance in state of employment, and the ability to travel within a 50 mile radius on a daily basis.
- Is responsible for adhering to all practice standards as they apply to patient care.
Proud member of LHC Group. LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment screening is required. Visit our Career Center at http://www.lhcgroup.com/.