Turnaround Project Manager-Corpus Christi, TX
Turnaround Project Manager
About Our Company
There are about 255 days of sunshine a year in Corpus Christi, Texas, the jewel of the Texas Gulf Coast. The average temperature is 71.2 degrees. There are white, sandy beaches, warm Gulf waters, sports fishing, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. It's the perfect place to live. You say you've got to make a living' Well, that's the best part of all.
Flint Hills Resources (http://www.fhr.com/) is an independent refining and chemicals company. The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $6.2billion since 2002. Its refineries and ethanol plants produce fuels that power much of Texas, the Midwest and the Alaska interior. Its petrochemicals are used to manufacture goods such as plastics, building products and packaging materials. Its asphalt is used in communities across the Midwest and Alaska. The base oils it markets are the principle raw material used to produce premium motor oil, commercial lubricants and sealants and coatings.
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is actively seeking entrepreneurial, action-oriented employees to work in Corpus Christi. We are looking for individuals with innovative ideas, an intense desire to learn, improve and grow, with an unfailing commitment to environmental responsibility and safety, and a strong sense of community. Flint Hills Resources needs principled individuals of exceptional talent to fill all types of positions. Our Market-Based Management® business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded.
Job Description & Duties
- Responsible for management of assigned turnarounds (T/A) with adherence to the NavTrack turnaround process
- Ensures that T/A industry best practices are utilized
- Drives alignment on T/A objective with the core team
- Owns/drives scope development process
- Develops estimates and schedules that reflect Solomon data
- Manages constructability and execution activities
- Provides feedback for 'lessons learned'
Work Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years of refinery/petrochemical maintenance experience
- 5 years of T/A project management experience and at least one major T/A event
- Must display ability to effectively manage time and resources
- Must be self-motivated
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate others to deliver the right results, the right way
- Possess the ability to analyze and adapt plans, scopes of work, resources, schedules, etc. based on data and observations
- Must be an effective and tactful communicator
- Advanced-level proficiency in MS Word/Excel
Work Experience & Skills Preferred:
- 10 years of project management experience coordinating large T/A's
- 5 years of experience in fixed equipment repairs (boilers, exhcangers, heaters, vessels, towers, piping, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- Must be able to wear personnel protective equipment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in operating unit
- Must be willing to work periodic work days in excess of 8 hours
We are an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V, except where prohibited by state law; all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.